Please! No more ideas… really… I’m going to lose my marbles! ;)
I may be in the minority but please don’t post anymore ideas on Facebook, Linkedin, newsetters or your blogs. I am over run with too many ideas. Don’t even mention Pinterest!! I put my blog posts on there but I don’t dare to look around at any other pins or boards. Being an SLP for 35 years I have lots of materials and resources so I don’t need anymore…really …..no I’m serious….this time… 😉
My school year is ending on June 8th. I am starting to mentally pack up my room and I’ve already run out of nooks and crannies. How can I store it all? Yes my iPad is wonderful and has a wealth of apps that work great in my sessions. BUT…I have a lot of other great stuff too. I’ve talked about downsizing in past posts but I still have many things (ok maybe TOO many) that I want to keep. I promise I will use them…pinkie swear. In the meantime I will do my best to organize, pack up and get ready for summer break.
So what do I plan to do this summer?
2. Play and explore with my grand-daughter – who is now 6
3. Work in private therapy
4. Write blog posts and articles for Smarty Ears Therapy Corner
5. Share more therapy materials/ ideas on my blog
6. Maybe even start a Facebook page for my blog… I’ve been encouraged to do this but what should the page be called??? Send me your ideas!
7. Think about next year …a little
8. Oh dare I say it explore Pinterest…maybe…. ok I probably will
In the meantime I packed away my Ocean theme from my last blog post and my room is looking a little bare. The kids are complaining. Wait… I did leave the sand pail with the liquid water beads out…hmmm. Ok a couple more ideas but I’ll try to make these easy and disposable.
So since I mentioned losing my marbles here is what I plan to do with them!
Water Beads or Liquid Marbles: I have found mine at dollar stores. They have only had the clear ones but they do come in colors. I use these in sensory tubs or in this case a sand pail. For the last week of school here is how I will use it before I “lose my marbles.”
a. Just play with them- they feel wet and the squeals from the kids are so cute! We can include a few adjectives to describe them for a language goal.
b. Add items and try to find them (without looking) – paper clips, hard marble, dice, any small trinket. Language twist: talk about the sizes and shapes; Articulation twist: use small laminated words or cards instead of trinkets; Fluency- create a sentence for the trinket or card with easy speech.
c. Add plastic letters or numbers- Pull out an M think of words or summer things that start with M- Pull out a 4 and think of 4 words or sentences using your sound(s) or draw 4 articulation cards or draw 4 vocabulary cards
d. Put a few outside in the sun and make predictions on what might happen to them… I don’t know but my guess is I will be finding out one of these sunny days!
e. Brainstorm a list or find pictures of other things that fill up with water…. pool, water balloon, etc.
There you now have five ideas to use until the end of the school year!
Enjoy and then to downsize just ..
1. Put all the trinkets you used back in your desk where you probably found them in the first place
2. Put the articulation and vocabulary cards back into their boxes (or if you used ones on an app in your iPad just close it!)
3. Return the plastic letters and numbers to the teacher you borrowed them from
$. Toss the liquid marbles or put them in baggies and send them home with kids…nice surprise… maybe! Or use them at home in vases for fresh cut flowers.
4. Save the sand pail and take it home – you can use it as intended but I see a slushy drink with a little paper umbrella added to mine!