“Insecting” things are happening…
One of my last posts was about our Beach Theme and this is my part 2 of our three units to end the school year. It’s all about bugs.
I wrote about bugs as part of a nature unit in an earlier post that you can read HERE.
1. Bug vocabulary – I created worksheets using boardmaker.
2. We made an art project with the bug worksheets. This was a way to target, following directions, sequencing, problem solving, prepositional concepts, etc. You will need:
Construction paper for the background (I used blue) and green for grass (draw a line to cut up to)
- Trees- some students drew their own, some colored tongue depressors or a strip of construction paper and glued them on
- Log- same as the trees- I did break the tongue depressors in half
- Flowers- some students drew their own and others used the flowers from our bug sheet.
- Glue the bugs on the tree, under the log, under the grass, on the grass, in the sky, etc.
- We glued the extras on the back along with the instructions. from the sheets.
- You can use the bug sheets I created: bug 1 and bug 2
3. We used bug capsules to”grow” a bug. I have found these at Target, Dollar stores,etc.
4. We wore bug masks (from Target dollar spot) while exploring our bug area.
5. We even ate bugs!!! ( I bought these on clearance after Halloween but there are often gummy bugs in the candy aisles.)
6. We read a lot of buggy books and played with some buggy apps.
Here are a few we tried:
So now add your own buggy twists!